The 2016 presidential candidate of the New Patriotic Party, Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo has inaugurated campaign sector committees of the party.
The committees have been tasked with the formulation of the policies and programmes the party will be presenting in the campaign to the Ghanaian electorate ahead of the conduct of this years polls.
The committees were launched at a ceremony at the Nima residence of the NPP flagbearer, Tuesday.
It was attended by party executives, members of the National Campaign Coordinating Committee attending and some leading members of the party.
The 19 sector committees, comprising a total of some 150 members, are also to articulate the partys messages in their respective areas, defend the partys messages and contribute to the making of the partys manifesto.
Addressing the members of the committees, Nana Akufo-Addo noted that the party was undertaking the final processes of its preparations for election 2016, having completed 273 out of 275 parliamentary primaries, and inaugurated all regional campaign teams and a majority of constituency campaign teams.
The inauguration of the sector committees represented one of the final steps towards positioning the party for the battle ahead to wrestle political power from the incompetent Mahama government, and return the country back onto the path of progress and prosperity.
The newly inaugurated campaign committees are in the following sectors: Economy; Trade and Industry; Agriculture; Employment; Energy; Roads and Highways; Infrastructure; Natural Resources; Education; Health; Science, Technology, Innovation and Environment; and Local Government. The rest are Foreign Affairs; Governance; Public Accountability; Security; Gender, Disabilities and Children; Tourism, Chieftaincy and Creative Arts; and Youth and Sports.
These committees, Nana Akufo-Addo added, will help formulate policies that, God-willing from January 2017, will be implemented by a competent team so that the Ghanaian people will gain relief from the hardships and suffering they are currently facing under the incompetent Mahama government.
The difficulties facing our people are there for all to see and feel. As a result, Ghanaians are calling for the return of the NPP. We must answer the call. We need to show the Ghanaian people that we are, indeed, ready, willing and able to transform the fortunes of our country. I need your active support to reach this goal, for which I was elected by an overwhelming majority of the grassroots of the party, he said.
On the discordant voices within the membership of the NPP, who have made it a point of expressing all kinds of negative views, largely about him, Nana Akufo-Addo stated that Im not disturbed, because I understand that this is the price of leadership.
All members of our party have a role to play in the partys victory, and I am calling on all members to work hard towards our victory. I welcome everyones contribution. I have always stood and will always stand for the collective, he said.
Below are the chairpersons of the various committees, who will act as their spokespersons:
1. Dr. MahamuduBawumiaEconomy
2. Mr. Alan Kyerematen Trade/Industry
3. Hon. Dr. Owusu Afriyie Akoto Agriculture
4. Hon. Stephen Asamoah Boateng Employment
5. Mr. Boakye Agyarko Energy
6. Hon. Kwabena Owusu Aduomi Roads/Highways
7. Hon. Joe Ghartey Infrastructure(Communications,Maritime
and Railways, Water & Housing)
8. Hon. Christine ChurcherNatural Resources
9. Dr. Daniel Anleu-MwineBagah Education
10. Hon. Dr. Matthew OpokuPrempeh Health
11. Prof. KwabenaFrimpong-Boateng Science, Technology,Innovation & Environment
12. Hon. HajiaAlimaMahama Local Government
13. Hon. Isaac Osei Foreign Affairs
14. Mr. J. AyikoiOtooGovernance
15. Hon. KwakuAgyemang Manu Public Accountability
16. Hon. Dominic Nitiwul Security
17. Hon. Ursula OwusuEkuful Gender, Disabilities and Children
18. Hon. Kofi DzamesiTourism, Chieftaincy and Creative Arts
19. Hon. Isaac AsiamahYouth and Sports
| myjoyonline | ghananews
- foreign affairs
- natural resources